Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Celebrate with me!

I'm so pleased to tell you all that I've just been signed to write a trilogy! Ya-hoo! It's the coolest story ever about a young Amish girl, Trixie, who decides to follow her passion and open a chocolate store only to be banned from her old order church for daring to use an electric mixer in her work, rather than beat the cocoa by hand.

Further conflict arises when Amish women facing PMS sneak into her store, and are later caught with suspicious smudges on their usually impeccable garb.

Will Trixie be able to make a living off her forbidden fudge? Or will she be forced to pack up her troublesome treats and move to Belgium?

More about my new Amish-Lit series here.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I was so excited to hear we were getting a trilogy and then kind of confused by the subject matter...you totally got me!

Megan said...

Congratulations! This sounds like it is going to be good!

Jana said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

Here's a Dancing discussion, for your dad - the women are undoubtedly ahead. Even Priscilla Presley stepped it up this week. However, the two worst men really improved since last week, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if a woman goes home this week (I'm thinking Marissa). If it's not her, it'll be Adam, Steve or Cristian. It's a tough call.

Crystal M. said...

Oh! That was funny! Nice one!

imbeingheldhostage said...

YOU RAWK! How great was this post? At first I was excited and ready to congratulate you and then my smile became fixed in that uncomfortable way it does when someone asks you to babysit all six of their kids for 12 hours on a saturday. An Amish girl with an electric mixer? This was the best!

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Hahahah--I'm thinking. Amish lit and chocolate. Ooookaaay, Julie. Whatever. But I'll give the congrats like a dutiful friend. And then it clicked.

Love your sense of humor, girlfriend.

Becky

Chaos-Jamie said...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny...

Happy April!

ohAmanda said...

LOL! I was thinking, well, that's a twist on the Amish-lit!

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks for all being such good sports. *snort*

It's AI tonight! So I'm off to watch...