Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Randomness

Teen Son just returned from a week with YWAM (Youth with a Mission) San Francisco where he and other teens spent days packing over a ton of pinto beans into 1 lb. sacks, and bringing food, hot drinks and prayer to some of the many homeless in the area. After hearing his stories, it's tough to complain about much of anything...

My girls are off school another week (I know, it's an odd schedule...), which means more mall runs, giggles and all around insanity joy in the house ;)

The hub and I watched Doctor Zhivago the other night. Actually, it took us two nights--Friday and Saturday--to get through the. longest. movie. ever. Okay, so I don't know if that's really true, but it felt like it. While the "classic" film had its moments, I found it depressing and violent. So unlike Alvin and the Chipmunks, another movie we rented this past weekend. You just haven't lived until you've heard A Bad Day sung by the chipmunks. LOL...

I'm working on a little American Idol trivia quiz to post for y'all (is it ya'll or y'all?) tomorrow. I hope you'll stop by and test your Idol I.Q.!!!

Until then, have another latte and a Happy Monday ;-]

6 comments:

Jana said...

Definitely "y'all".

I used to love the Chipmunks! When I was a kid I had an album called "Urban Chipmunk" with all these country songs like "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Chipmunks, uh Cowboys" - it was really cute.

Carole said...

Julie, I imagine your son's experiences will have a tremendous impact on his life. My daughter is doing an internship this summer that involves ministries to the homeless and government housing areas here in Atlanta.

I like "Somewhere My Love" but otherwise prefer Alvin also!

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'll take you up on that latte, and I hope you have a happy Monday too =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie - It is definitely "y'all." Haha! I hope you had a great Monday and I cannot wait to take this Idol quiz you will be posting. Looking forward to it.

imbeingheldhostage said...

My kids are loving the Chipmunks-- we've watched it 3 times in two days, and now they have the Christmas CD playing... Funny you mentioned it today when I already had, "...Me I want a Hoola Hoop" going around in my head.

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks gals! Jana, my hubby had old Alvin albums too...and Imbeingheldhostage, maybe now you'll have another tune wrestling for brain space, ha.

Carole, haven't heard of Somewhere My Love but I'll go look it up. And what an experience your daughter will have this summer. We're richer than we think, aren't we?