Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lunchtime in Dallas

Had lunch with my travel buddy, Katie and her roommate, Carrie Padgett (whose book is a finalist in the conference's Genesis contest). That's me there in the back, on the right, standing next to new friend Carol, from Arkansas.

In case you hadn't heard, we're attending the American Christian Fiction Writers conference in Texas. I'm no stranger to conferences, but I have to say, this one's very different. It's all fiction, all the time. No non-fiction writers, please (or at least, keep that fact to yourself :) Seriously, the halls and restaurants are abuzz with topics like POV, and motivation, and lits vs. historicals, and will fantasy ever really be accepted in the CBA???

If you don't know what I'm talking about, count yourself blessed, lol.

Tomorrow it'll be a full day of classes followed by a night on the town. Dallas, be warned.

4 comments:

ohAmanda said...

Sounds fun! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good time. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!!

Foothill Habakkuk said...

mom, did you ever meet with mrs. o??

Deena Peterson said...

I DO know what you're talking about, and I so wish I could attend that kind of conference...but all I get are parent/teacher conferences...one of which I must attend next week!