Sunday, February 11, 2007

Love is in the air...


Welcome to the Blogging Chick's Valentine's Carnival. Haven't participated in a carnival in awhile, and it's good to be back!

Spent the afternoon Saturday at the Gold Coast Chocolate Festival where I signed Chocolate Beach for charity. Let me just say, without the support of my fabulous family, I'd have been sucking my thumb in the corner. Here's some of what they did for me: Two of my kids approached unsuspecting potential readers and handed them flyers about my book signing, my husband brought me chocolate-dipped strawberries (sustenance, you know), one of my daughters played cashier, and my mother hovered nearby offering sage advice and encouragement. Being a first time novelist is a kick, but doing this with my family around me? Priceless.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone. May you find love around every corner.

Here's a pic of my favorite guy and me, at another recent signing.

6 comments:

Mary said...

It sounds like you are so lucky to have a family who loves and supports you...it doesn't get much better than that! Here from the Carnival of Blogging Chicks.

CyberCelt said...

That is so cute. The kids pimping, the momma pumping, the hubby indulging your sweet tooth...

Have a great year.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the heads up on the free book--however, I went out and purchased it on Thursday...any excuse to go to the bookstore is okay by me! :) I'm anxious to start reading it...I'm in the middle of another that my friend lent me, but it's next on my list! Have a wonderful day!

Irene said...

Hello,
That's lovely. Sharing life is the best part of having a family. Best wishes for your book, and enjoy the Valentine's.
(Here from Blogging Chicks)

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Gosh, it's been a while since I checked in, and it's out now? Shoot!

1) CONGRATULATIONS GIRLIE-q AND

2) I'll go check it out now. As I've told you before, your title is/are two of my FAVORITE THINGS :D.

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Blogging Chickies! Thanks for stopping by. And Robin, yeah, long time no see. I'm going over now to check out your cool blog, which I've somehow missed popping into as well.