Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Mamacita Figueroa! (LOL That's what we always called Mom as kids, not sure why.)

Last night the whole clan got together to celebrate Mom's b'day with Chinese, chocolate mousse cake (to die for, by the way) and lots of presents. My brother Mikey got Mom involved in a wicked Wii bowling game--then presented her with her own Wii setup to take home. Whoever says this game is for kids hasn't seen my mama squealing after a strike!

Enjoy your day, Mom!

***

Two days left to pack before the big trip out to Dallas. Got the boots, but not the Stetson. Will they let me in?! And just the other day I realized that I'll be in Texas, the state where bling's the thing. Again, I'm out of my element. Hubby reminded me that I have a diamond tennis bracelet somewhere, and that maybe I oughta dig it out. Poor guy is a fabulous provider of bling, but I forget to wear it. I'm a disgrace to women everywhere. Trips like this make me realize just how much of a beach chick I really am. Just give me a tankini and flip flops and I'm good to go--to the beach!

So ready or not, I'll be there (I'll be the one trying to smuggle a boogie board & a sand bucket into my hotel room).

4 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

If they let in a Kansas hick, they'll let in the beach chick! With or without the bling. Remember, most of 'em aren't from Dallas either.

Your mama and I share a b-day!

Julie Carobini said...

Jamie, that's SO cool! (not the hick thing, lol). HAPPY Birthday to you!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Well you'll meet me in my flip-flops so come on! Plus, I bought the only cowboy hat I own at the beach of all places!! :)

Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Am curbing my envy that you and Katie are off to conference today...maybe next year for me! Have a great time and hope you'll let me pick your brain when you return.