Thursday, April 24, 2008

So-long, Carly

I wasn't completely surprised by Carly's departure, however, weren't y'all shocked by Syesha's placement in the bottom two? Really, she gave an outstanding performance the night before, so I thought she'd escape the low ranking this time. But, eh. What do I know?

When I really think about it, Jason and Brooke, the two being bandied about as probable losers of the night, weren't terrible. Brooke just messed up the intro, and poor Jason chose a song originally sung by a big-voiced female cat (which begs the question: aren't the contestants guided in their song choice?) Anyway, they've both been pretty much consistently good in their performances, and it has obviously paid off for them.

That said, can't wait to see them singing Neil Diamond songs next week (yawn). LOL...

If you're stressed over tonight's results then you must check out the link I found over at author and editor, Karen Ball's site. Make sure to choose manic mode! Go here for way too much fun :)

3 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

I had Carly down as third from the bottom, so I was surprised. And aghast that Syesha was in the bottom two.

Sorry, but Jason is the worst singer still on the stage. He should go. But as the judges said, it's into the popularity phase now and the handsome and beautiful have a following, no matter how they sing.

That guy that came in second last season is a good for-instance.

My opinion! LOL

Becky

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

You know, I cannot even remember who came in second last year. So funny. I do so agree that song choice help is needed. Big time.

Jana said...

becoming me - it was Blake Lewis! I loved him.

We were away all week and I just watched the show and results last night. Syesha finally connected with a song! She has a future in Broadway, I'm sure.

I'm really rooting for David Cook now.