Friday, May 16, 2008

When I began this blog...

back in 2006, I wrote about my journey as a beach chicky, newbie author. My first book had just been contracted and in addition to actually finishing it (I'd sold it on proposal), I had much to learn about important stuff like branding, marketing, and which pens to use when signing books ;)

I'm on a new journey now as I write a new series of books. So I'm going to try to 'write about writing' on bookend days (that's what author Susan Meissner calls them): Mondays & Fridays. (Of course, I'll still be showing up here throughout the week with fodder of all kinds ;)

I won't be teaching grammar or other how-tos, although I will be recommending some great resources. What I will be talking about is the journey, so if you're interested in writing books, or if you are writing them now and you're feeling isolated (I SO get that), stop by Mondays and Fridays when I'll be offering glimpses into the writing life. Oh, if you have questions, feel free to comment here or send them via my website, and I'll attempt to answer them.

And now, here's a post from my first week of blogging, when I began to understand the intricacies of what it takes to market a book. Be warned :)

p.s. Have a beachy weekend--wherever you are!

1 comment:

Ronel said...

I will be stopping by for some nuggets on those day and in between days. I have been working on a short story blog for a week now and still can't seem to get it right. I'm hopeful I will complete in sometime this year (lol).

Thanks again for opening yourself up to your fans.

Have a Sunny Weekend!!

Ronel