Friday, May 02, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Teen Daughter sang a solo last night in the school's spring musical. American Idol, here we come! Seriously, I'm proud of her because this is a kid who really had to face her fears. Several years ago, she gave me permission to write about those anxieties for Focus on the Family magazine. I know she was super nervous up there on that stage (alas, she gets that from me), but she faced it and did it--and did it well!

And in book news, I wanted to let you know about John Olson's latest book, Fossil Hunter, but my pal Katie already wrote about it, so please stop by her site for all the info. John's a fabulous guy and writer who I've sat next to many times up at the Mt. Hermon Writer's conference. He's written a novel that's a companion to the Ben Stein movie that's out in theaters now, Expelled, and it sounds fabulous. I'll be grabbing my copy this week!

Have a beachy weekend, wherever you are!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats to your daughter for singing a solo! She is brave. In high school I was in the Wizard of Oz musical as one of the 3 lollipop kids. My face was suppose to be scrunched up while singing but I was so scared I looked like I saw a ghost!

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks, B! Cute story--I'd be the same :)