Friday, May 30, 2008

Meet Cara

Happy Friday, my friends! Stayed up until late last night helping Elementary Girl on her biography project. She learned all there is to know about Laura Ingalls Wilder--and I did too, I think. Did you know that Laura wouldn't marry Almanzo until he and their minister agreed to remove the word "obey" from the marriage vows? Love that boldness! You go, Girl!!!

This reminded me of an author friend of mine who's boldly gone out and worked hard to achieve so much. Cara Putman and I "met" through email. Way back when I'd first written Chocolate Beach, I wanted to find a responsible stranger who I could send my complete manuscript to and get unbiased feedback. So I asked good friend and author, Tricia Goyer, for a trusted source--and she sent me Cara. Let me just say that it's a scary thing to send your "baby" out over the airwaves to a stranger, and I'll always be grateful for Cara's wisdom and honesty! (And for sharing her room with me one night when I was "homeless" at the ACFW conference last fall.)

Cara's now become a published author herself. She's also a wife, mom, lawyer and teacher. Basically, superwoman :) Here's the cover of Cara's latest release, Deadly Exposure

Suspense author, Colleen Coble had this to say about Cara's story:

Putman is an attorney in real life, and her book reflects her grasp of people and relationships. Deadly Exposure starts with a bang from the start with the murder in the theater (creepy) and doesn't stop. I look forward to the next book by this author!

I'm reading and loving it too! You can find out more about Cara and her books over at her blog--tell her I sent you, and have a beachy weekend, wherever you are!

UPDATE: Cara left a comment on this post. Read it to find out how you can enter to win one of her books!

3 comments:

Ronel said...

I remember those nights of staying up to work on homework. How time flies.

Have an awesome weekend.

Cara Putman said...

Thanks so much, Julie! And if you're readers come over to my blog and leave a comment letting me know they came from here, I'll enter them in a contest for one of my books.

Jana said...

Sounds like a great book - I love suspense and mystery!

Have a great weekend!