Wednesday, May 21, 2008

By 12 Million Votes!

Applause, applause, applause...oh my goodness, let me just start by saying a big Woo-Hoo for the 2008 American Idol...(drumroll please)...DAVID COOK! (crowd goes wild) We are super happy in our house tonight. Yeah, we thought both Davids were pretty spectacular, but our favorite scale was definitely tipped to David Cook. So yeah-hah, were thrilled.

Before I gush on any further about the DC, the show itself rocked:

--Performances by the Top 12 (Is it me or did poor Amanda struggle through?)
--ZZ Top with David Cook (Every girl's crazy for a sharp dressed man...)
--Michael Johns and Carly Smithson--HOT, hot, HOT
--Graham Nash and Brooke White, folksy and on guitars
--Donna Summer singing Last Dance. Haha...I had that album as a pre-teen and I can sing it to. this. day. And just to date myself even further, I loved the movie, Thank God It's Friday, yeah, back in the day. In it a svelte Donna Summer sang Last Dance to Lionel Richie. Mmm, mmm--those were the days, Lol...
--Gladys Knight auditioning the Pips: Ben Stiller, Jack Black (cracks. me. up.), and Robert Downey Jr. I'll never think of Midnight Train to Georgia the same way again.
--Carrie Underwood--Um, someone's become a star... (We saw her at the fair two years ago, and something tells me she's no longer doing fairs...)
Jonas Brothers--CUTIES! This mama approves :)

And just to remind the world what a freak show California can be, there was the guy in the white suit from early auditions singing, "I am your brother...Your best friend for-e-ver!" None other than the USC marching band and cheerleaders backed him up. Yeah, we're freaks.

Elementary Girl's teacher and classmates all voted for David A, while EG voted for David C. I'm thinkin' a body guard might be in order tomorrow--you think?

David Cook closed out the night with lots of tears and some great vocals--and a hug from David Archuleta. The best season--ever.

3 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Thank you!! Great informative post :-)

Sarah Wylie said...

Whooo-hoo, go David COOK!! *still dancing the happy dance, not unlike Ryan premiering his uh...skills last night. What was that, anyway?*
Great job Julie - at least some of those 12 million winning votes had to be from your family. Maybe 6 million? Which makes you responsible for appointing the best American Idol in...a long time! YAY:) I also loved the winning song - way better than "Dream Big".

Jana said...

That was definitely the best finale I've seen. I actually watched most of it, as opposed to searching through to the end to see who won. I love that "you are my brother" guy - I actually said on Tuesday night that they should have him on the finale, so how cool was that?

If that show was any indication of what the tour is going to be like, I might have to drive two hours to the nearest city to catch the show!

SO happy for David Cook!