Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gifts of Randomness

Scrooge has left the building... More lights when up in our neighborhood yesterday, and there's a distinct nip in the air (and spike in our gas bill) that proves the impending arrival of Christmas. My grinch-like attitude is fading, and actually, despite the cold, the 'hood looks downright festive (except for my house, which like I said before, still thinks it's Thanksgiving).

Have to get my word count in again today, but am taking a break to offer you these fine (and some not so fine) gift ideas found on the Net:

Indiana Jones Fedora--for that adventurous guy

Stuffed Yodeling Goat--for the mountain wanderer

Perfume Laboratory--for your little scientist

Pre-ordered copy of Chocolate Beach--due out in February, and worth the wait :)
Leg Lamp--for lovers of The Christmas Story ("You'll shoot your eye out!")

Whoopie cushion--just because

Radio-controlled Rat--can't think of a good reason for this one

The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck--for moms, especially those who like a touch of fantasy in their fiction reads

Reclining Man Tape Dispenser--for the guy who has everything

Beach Blanket, any color, any design--can you ever really have too many of these?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, I've already pre-ordered Chocolate Beach, I already own The Secret Life of Becky Miller. I guess it'll be the radio controlled rat for me. Hmm...maybe a bit more shopping might be in order.

I know. I'll pre-pre-order A Promise to Remember. Ah shucks, it's not on Amazon yet. Yep, looks like I'm buying the rat this year.

Julie Carobini said...

Katie! You ordered my book-- Blessings on you and your children and your children's children!!!

:-)

I'm guessing that A Promise to Remember is your first title. So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blessings, my descendents and I could certainly use them. I can't wait to drive down the coast with my copy of Chocolate Beach and get it autographed!!

Yes, Promise to Remember is my newly minted and official title. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Katie!
You own my book!
Blessings on you and your children and your children's children. :-)

I continue to be awed and amazed that people besides my mom, husband, and kids would own a book that I wrote. Hee hee!
Blessed Advent!

Julie, thank you SOOOO much for suggesting my book to folks who are Christmas shopping. You are such a sweetie. And I'm SO delighted we get to share an end-cap display with Chocolate Beach and Renovating Becky Miller side by side. Woo hoo!

Have a marvelous week!

Anonymous said...

Wow! My children, my (very distant future) grandchildren, and I are feeling
especially blessed lately :-)