Friday, March 20, 2009

Discount for Budding Authors

Happy Friday, my friends! Busy week and there's still much to do, but I had to pop in and tell you all about a fantastic deal for writers. Almost every year I attend the Mt. Hermon Christian Writer's Conference nestled in the redwoods near Santa Cruz. Alas, this year I'm not able to make it (pesky deadlines and all...) BUT I spoke with Dave Talbott the amazingly funny and talented director of the conference and he's offering a HUGE discount to last minute registrants.

From Dave: Anyone wanting to pursue the discount should go ahead and register and in the “Comments” box at the bottom of the on-line Registration form, note “Per Dave Talbott Discount.” That will do it. Their total bill will be figured, and $200 discounted before any credit card is processed.

Most of my article assignments over the years were a direct result of contacts made at Mt. H. I also met my cool agent, Steve Laube, there, and my first book contract (Chocolate Beach) came about as a result of the critiques I received during the mentoring program at the conference.

On top of all that, I've made great friends at Mt. H (I'll miss them this year!) and my spirit has soared during the intense worship times over the five-day conference.

So there you go. If God's been nudging you to take this next step, maybe this is your year. You can register here. You'll have to hurry because conference begins April 3!

Have a beachy weekend--wherever you are!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I wish that I could go. I was just thinking that this summer I would like to take another writing class.

I did a review of Sweet Water on my blog, nothing fancy, but I thought I would share.

http://deborahsreaditlist.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.