Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sunny gardens and other happy thoughts

I wasn't kidding yesterday about playing hooky. Hubby and I drove college boy back to school in the morning (about 2 hours away), then headed up to San Marino to take in the Huntington Library. I've mentioned the Huntington before--it's a museum and botanical gardens spread out over 100++ acres. It's far from the beach, which is sad, but the happy part is that it's warm out there. Something about walking through a sunny garden on your birthday that feels so nice ...

Hubby snapped this photo as we took in the Chinese Gardens, which I'm happy to say, contain a huge pond -- a small lake, really -- with oodles of fat koi fish swimming around. Not too surprising that I'm drawn to this area of the grounds, is it? Lol

It's back to work today with some fun projects and, of course, a big cup of chai tea by my side. I'm refreshed today, and ready to work. Guess all that hooky paid off :) Here's a link to the Huntington if you're interested in learning more.

Here's to taking breaks and gaining a second wind!

2 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

I love the Huntington Library. Haven't been there in years. So glad you had something fun for your b-day!

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Becky, If you like roses, they are to-die-for fragrant right now. But of course, there are new things all year round. Thanks for the cheer :)