Monday, April 25, 2011

On truffles & community spirit ...

I seriously OD'd on chocolate yesterday, and not just any chocolate, but SEE'S candy chocolate ~ yum! I knew my dad would bring some over last evening (it's a pattern :), so I saved plenty of room. Which is why I'm nursing this sugar hangover at the moment ...

Speaking of decadent treats, Truffles by the Sea is now available on Kindle and Nook for $2.99. Gaby Flores is truly one of my favorite heroines. I based her on someone I know (who shall remain nameless and clueless, Lol) and that has made her even more beloved in my mind.

Oh, and did you see yesterday's post? Known as Serra Cross, the original cross was erected in Ventura in the 1700s, and became a beacon for travelers. A number of years ago, though, the community rallied to keep it in place after someone sued the city for its presence. A foundation formed, bought the property, and now the beautiful site is open for visitors. I mention it because Gaby has a special moment up at that cross in Truffles by the Sea.

Hope y'all had an amazing weekend. Make it a great (and beachy :) week my friends ~ wherever you are ...

1 comment:

Diane said...

If you're going to eat a lot of chocolate then go all out, I say. Happy Easter! :O)