Monday, April 11, 2011

On cupcakes, theology, and taking the day off ...

My son came home over the weekend and took this photo from the hills above Ventura. Look at that pretty blue sea out there ... just love it.

Today's my b'day. Since college boy was home for the weekend, we did a little pizza and cupcake party with my parents last night. After eating a chocolate cupcake loaded with cream cheese frosting (really, really, REALLY, good!), we walked along the breezy harbor. Like that would really help us burn the fat. I know, I know ~ nice try. Still, so much fun! (And on the upside, there's a gym nearby that teen daughter and I are determined to join :)

My daughters surprised me with this cool mug, which led into a bit of a theological discussion since college boy is majoring in Christian Ministry. A sort of Arminian vs. Calvinism thing. Whatever. As far as I'm concerned it's a perfect message for a writer. And it'll hold A LOT of chai tea :D

I'm off to procrastinate so have a beachy day, my friends ~ wherever you are ... (And I'd love to hear that you celebrated my b'day by having a decadent slice of chocolate something. We can share workout stories later!)

No comments: