Sunday, April 03, 2011

Spring!

It's spring break around here which means more excuses to go to the beach :) Dan and I watched the sunset from the sand several times already, and we haven't been alone. Something about the days yawning and stretching into the night brings out neighbors in droves. Lots of doggies frolicking, crazy kids skipping through cold water, and friends strolling until well after the afterglow. Since I work from home, I find myself torn between keeping the writer's mantra of BIC (butt in chair) or playing hooky with the swarm of kids outside.

Know what I mean?

What do you do when the kids are on break? Take off from work or send them outside with instructions to stay out until the street lights go on? (Haha ... I've never actually said that, but I heard it somewhere and it sounded good ...)

Even if you don't have kids at home, does springtime bring out the wanderlust in you as it does me?

No comments: