Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Afternoon Post

Lazy day around here. Soccer was supposed to start but didn't, kind of a last minute thing. For those of you who do not live in laid-back CA, that's probably absurd, but yes, we just learned yesterday that the season's start was moved to next week, and so we carry on.

Anyway, as I was saying, it's been a lazy, run-at-the-beach and mow-the-lawn-kind-of- day around here and so I found this little quiz. Given that my hub's from PA, and that I always crack up when we're visiting back East and someone offers me "pop" instead of "soda", I found this quirky and fun and completely useless. But still. I'm bored, so I went with it. And just so you know, there was no question about Spanglish or else the entire outcome would have been notably altered.

Quiz on:
Your Linguistic Profile:

50% General American English
20% Dixie
15% Yankee
10% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern

1 comment:

Kathryn Cushman said...

I only speak 30% Dixie. This surprised me, as I didn't realize I'd come so far from my roots! 50% general American, and 0% yankee--that part was no surprise :-).