Friday, August 17, 2007

disney strikes again

You do know what today is, right? Yep, High School Musical II debuts, and all three-all 3!--of my kids have been invited to High School Music watching parties. Actually, one of the parties is over at my house (what was I thinking?).

I heard Teen Son on the phone inviting guests: "Hey, it's lame, but my mom's buying pizza, so it'll be fun."

He's planning to Tivo it, so yeah, we'll be singing catchy tunes and viewing cliched scenes late into the night. We'll also be checking out Zac Efron's new 'do and watching to see if he and Vanessa Hudgens can still belt out the winning duet. But at least it's clean fun, so I really can't complain (too much).

And there'll be pizza. There's always that.

7 comments:

Angi said...

We are planning to TIVO it tonight and have a watching party tomorrow afternoon before bedtime. WooHoo!
Hey - if you get a minute, check out my blog, my current post has a link to an Oprah survey on Books we are reading/have read this summer. I listed yours as one! Maybe if enough Christian readers/writers respond - we can get some mainstream acknowledgement and expand the audience and Kingdom!

Kathryn Cushman said...

What was the consensus at your house? My 9 yo said it was "Great", the 14 yo said, "It was okay. Not as good as the first, but sequels never are." Personally, I like the first much better-- too much singing and too little plot in the second, I thought.

Chaos-Jamie said...

We could NOT get a sitter Friday night because everyone was at a HSMII party. Are you kidding me? I simply MUST rent the first one and see what all the fuss is about.

Julie Carobini said...

thanks, Vail! I stopped on by Oprah's place and entered Chocolate Beach.

And Katie, Elementary Girl loved it, Teen Girl sorta liked it but didn't pay much attn. since she was, you know, at a party. The funniest was Teen Son and friends who nixed watching the show and instead viewed clips of The Office. I can't understand why teenagers 'get' that show so well...then again...lol

Oh, and poor Jamie! Yes, you really need to watch the first one soon. Don't want to be out of touch now, do you?...(yeah, right :)

Anonymous said...

We Tivo-ed all three nights of the movie.

The baseball number is my favorite! I keep singing, "I don't dance" :-)

Julie, The Office is my all-time favorite show!!! Yikes, what does that say about my sense of humor?!
Chrissy

May Vanderbilt said...

TEEN SON's comment is amazing! Julie, you're so lucky that you have people who want to watch (and sing along to) HSM 2.

I threw the offer out there to my fiance and my work friends and they all looked at me like I'm nuts. What? Just because I don't have 'tweens doesn't mean that I can't admire Zac Efron's hair.

Julie Carobini said...

About Zac's hair, I'm with you, May. Admire away...:)