Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A few years ago, I dropped by church early one mid-week morning and an older gentleman asked how I was doing.

"Doing well," I answered. "The kids started school today."

He looked at me with a big, wrinkled grin and said, "Well then, Happy Mother's Day!"

So there you go. It's the first day for many Ventura County students, so while all their brains are sponging up more smarts, how about the rest of us hit the beach?

See you there...

***

A big 'Thank You' to all who entered our little Name that Chat contest. We're still mulling, so if you have any more ideas, be sure to post them in the 8/20 comments section.

2 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

yeah, why IS mother's day the middle of May? Three days before school lets out. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.

Damselfly said...

In church, someone said we should pray for the kids going back to school. And then I turned to my friend with a boy in school and said, "And all the parents said 'Amen'!"