Sunday, March 09, 2008

Peace

For the first time in more than 20 years, we forgot to change our clocks. Woke up thinking we had an extra hour, but no. Yet it's okay because today's the day of rest, and so we curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee and just enjoyed the sunshine spilling through the windows.

My hubby took this pic of me watching the sunset last night from a nearby beach. After signing books at 9 bookstores in the past 10 days, it felt good to do, well, nothing. And so, it looks like I'll be continuing in that vein today.

May it be the same for you! I hope you have a beachy weekend--wherever you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent my weekend do nothing, but I sure wish I had a beach to sit on. That looks much more peaceful!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Gorgeous photo! That view would be enough to inspire ME to write :-)

Mimi N said...

Julie, loved your photo on the beach. I'd have to fly to the west coast to enjoy the sun that much! I look out my window and see the same thing I've seen for 3 months...white, and not beach sand, freezing snow! Can't wait for the warm weather again.

Glad to hear you had a day of rest! Blessings,
Mimi