Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Here comes the sun

Got home late last evening in time to watch American Idol on the dvr. Phew. So many things to tell you about the week up in the redwoods: How funny Jerry Jenkins can be; how creatively-charged the atmosphere was; how tired of salad one can get...;) I'm going to have to sift my thoughts a bit and do some kind of fun round up, but in the interim...what did you think of the show last night?

Brooke's my girl. Had a hard night but she's still talented and genuine so I gave her extra votes. I didn't think David Cook was as bad as Simon said (although I didn't dig the voice box thing). David A's still cute as a button, and obviously overwhelmed by the chickies in the front rows. Let's see...Jason was okay, but I like him so he got extra votes too. (No matter the performance, I admit we've got our favorites ...)

I say they move on from the Beatles (please), and level the playing field already. What say you?

***

On another note, tomorrow Georgiana Daniels will stop by to tell us about e-publishing, a concept that's pretty new (at least to me). Hope to see you then! Now I'm off to unpack the Italian truffles my web designer gave me up at Mt. Hermon...so yum!!! (I'll have to wax about that in the wrap up post somehow too :)

8 comments:

Megan said...

I was pretty underwhelmed by the whole experience last night. When Ryan said "by popular demand" they were doing the Beattles I was pretty sure that wasn't true. No one I knew wanted to hear that, everyone was ready for contemporary stuff. I am ready for next week.

So that being said, who do you think is going?

Julie Carobini said...

Yeah, I agree with you Megan. Hm, I think it'll be Kristy or Chikezie. I think. You?

Jana said...

I like Brooke, too. David A. remembered the words - good for him! And Jason was just too cute. Syesha did surprisingly well, though I wish she would have looked at the camera! Kristy will probably go this week.

No review from me this week - our internet was out this morning. Besides, I had to write about giving my cat antibiotics, which, as it turns out, is more entertaining than a second week of Beatles songs. :)

Dionna said...

Brookes' my girl too. :) You've been tagged, by the way.http://emphasisonmoms.blogspot.com/2008/03/ive-been-tagged.html

Amy said...

I hope Kristy goes! Last night was a failure so far as I'm concerned..

Some more current music, please!

Megan said...

I would sad to see Chikeze go. I hope it is Kristy, she has held on too long.

Megan said...

Errr, I would be sad...

Lynda Lee Schab said...

I LOVE Brooke. What a sweetheart and what incredible talent! I'm rooting for her to go all the way to the finals. Can't believe Kristy made it through to the tour, though. I want to like her but she just hasn't been up to par with the rest of them. Chikezie's a born-again Christian, which is enough for me to root for him, plus he's done some pretty cool stuff in the past couple of shows.
Looking forward to next week!