Friday, March 14, 2008

More name dropping ...

I'm sitting next to Angela Hunt at the moment. Gorgeous red hair (I'm partial to it seeing as my husband's hair was red--it's more of a 'blondish now, right hon? ;)--and two of my kids have it. It's cool outside and there's a fire in the fireplace, editors and writers chattering, and a whole lotta keyboard clicking going on in the Central Lounge. Deb Raney just left, and Brandilyn Collins is sitting at a table with my pal, Becky Miller. I'd link all of these names if I had the time, but I've got a meeting soon and I should be working on that. But it's so warm and cozy in here...know what I mean?

The pacific ocean is a pretty close drive from here, and this morning our conference director, Dave Talbot mentioned that someone had volunteered to drive a group out to see it. Lots of people from all over the world here--even met a gal from England last night--and it would be a shame to come this far and not dunk your toes in the ocean, freezing as it may be at the moment.

Okay, onward ho. Leave me a comment and tell me what's going on in your neck of the woods. (Sorry for the cliche...)

6 comments:

Damselfly said...

I'm enjoying reading Truffles by the Sea. I've just finished the part where Gaby takes the kayak out by herself (that's how I'll put it so as not to spoil anything for future readers). BTW, you are so good at plot! I love your characters too.

Megan said...

I raced around town to three grocery stores with my two daughters. They are two and four and normally this could have been a nightmare, but they were both wonderful.

My four year old is now playing at the neighbors and the two year old is zoned out in front of Dora. And all the groceries are put away!

Brittanie said...

Right now I am reading my favorite blogs ;) and watching Wheel of Fortune. I might make brownies next but I will def. be reading a book. I have not decided which one. I have a ton of great new books. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm reading a Brandilyn Collins novel between blog-hopping. I've not read her before and I'm really impressed.

Julie Carobini said...

I love that you all are taking some time for yourselves! (You are doing that Megan, right? :) I was just reading a psalm today that says that God gives his people rest--rest! How cool is that?

Georgiana Daniels said...

Ooo, sounds like you had a lot of fun! Will you be posting pictures?