Wednesday, April 04, 2012

G&B

So you might recall (or maybe you don't) my mini-obsession with Giuliana & Bill. I wrote about "discovering" them here. My daughters are convinced I have a girl-crush on Giuliana. Whatever. Isn't she just so cute though??

Anyway. I watched the premier of their new season last night and cried. Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer last year after a routine mammogram to prepare her for IVF. The call from her doctor was the last one she'd expected. Instead of a baby, she got cancer.

She's been incredibly transparent about the ordeal. She had a double lumpectomy, and eventually, a double mastectomy. I love how she's out there telling women to get checked. You might recall that just a few years ago our government issued a controversial recommendation against routine screenings for women over 40 - and don't even think about it if you're under that age.

Giuliana Rancic was 36 when she had hers. So there you go ....

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love them too Julie and I too probably have a "girl crush" on Guilana. I think it is her transparency for me too - she's so real. My kinda girl!

I'm glad she caught her cancer early. Now I wish God would open her womb for a child, but having been in B&G's place (trying forever without success), I love how they've realized early that they are a family the 2 of them!

How have you been?? Any books coming out soon? (You've probably mentioned something and I've missed that post!)

Happy Easter and God bless you & your family!

Julie Carobini said...

Hi, Sue - Happy Easter to you, dear one! Sounds like you and G have a special connection. So good when we can empathize with each other.

I'm busy editing novels for B&H, and re-editing one I wrote about 15 years ago (!). I'm told it should be out later this year ... I'll post that final decision here. Thanks so much for asking...

I hope you are well and staying away from bachelors with bad hair (lol ... inside joke, right?)