Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Upstream

Like these fish, I'm swimming in all kinds of directions these days. Any moms out there relate? It's summertime, which should mean vacation, but I'm busier than ever. I don't mind, but I'm just sayin'. Even my older kids seem to need me to fill out paperwork and help them manage their schedules, to answer questions and to hand them cash ;).

In the meantime, I'm trying to maintain this career o' mine. Strangely, it's when I'm pressed like this that the ideas often flow. Just today I was sitting outside in the warm sun brainstorming a project. Didn't last too long because college boy ~ who's home sick today from work ~ popped his head around the corner to ask for help.

Next thing I know ... I'm blogging. What? Seriously, I think I'm ADD or something. I came inside to help college boy, then got distracted, then somehow started blogging. My brainstorming materials (pen, books, brain, etc.) are still outside on the porch. Haha.

There's still some sunlight, so I'm heading outside. Really, I am (although you might want to make me accountable and ask if I ever made it :) In the meantime, have a beachy day, my friends ~ wherever you are ...

No comments: