Monday, June 06, 2011

Sea view

Just looked through a stack of photos from my trip up north last year and came across this one. The hotel we stayed at for the Books & Such Literary Agency retreat sat right on the bay. Water rushed up under my room and I loved the sound of it filtering through the rocks. I love the way this photo seems to say, "Look at the sea of possibilities ..."

I've hinted for months that I've been in a strange place lately. I've been waiting for direction but it's been slow (excruciatingly slow) in coming. Ever felt like that? What do you do about it?

I don't know about you, but I tend to keep plugging along. Sometimes I take a detour and follow another path for awhile, but then I go back to plugging. The publishing industry is changing rapidly and some are reeling from it. I'm trying to decide how long to stay on this journey, or if perhaps God is calling me to a new one.

I have another book to write ~ and another one I long to write ~ so I'll probably stay plugging. At least for a while. But who knows? Maybe this indecision, this gnawing in my soul, will turn into another story altogether ~ one overflowing with new possibilities.

No comments: