Sunday, June 29, 2008

Will laugh for food

So last night I laughed my face off while talking to old friends at a party. Year ago, this particular group loved to give surprise parties. It became so old that victims just learned to put on a 'startled' face, as if. Anyway, fast forward a few years (okay, more than a few, but still), and someone decides to throw a surprise party. We didn't know if it would work, but figured, hey, it'll be a good place for free food (haha...kidding, you know).

Well, our victim was surprised, and oh so happy, and while the free food was yum, the yakking was even better. So here's to tradition and old friends--may you have them both!

Have a peaceful and beachy, Sunday! Tomorrow I'll be talking about the ACFW conference in MN. Hope you'll stop by.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, I absolutely hate being surprised. My husband was in on a surprise baby shower for me. I was 8mo. pregnant, had just finished sobbing while telling a sad story about someone passing away, my hair wasn't fixed nice. Ugh. It was horrible. My friends were so nice to do it though, but no surprises for me. I get cranky.

Julie Carobini said...

Oh, B, I SO get that. I figured out my surprise party about a day before and felt physically ill all day leading up to it, Lol... But the food was great--haha.