Wednesday, June 04, 2008

kids, and books, and funny food

So Teen Daughter took off this morning with her 8th grade class for a three-day trip, Teen Son's getting ready for a mission's trip out of the country, and Elementary Girl's nearly as tall as her teen sister. Waaa! How'd they grow so fast?

Have to admit, though, that it's fun to watch :)

Just a few things to catch you up on. First, if you're looking to pick up a signed copy of Chocolate Beach, it's now available through signedbytheauthor.com. People love getting these as gifts~just click on the link on my sidebar to go straight to my book's listing.

And if you're summer book club's thinking of reading Truffles by the Sea, let me know so I can send you a stack of bookmarks. I also wrote some bonus questions (extras that you won't find in the back of the book) for cbd.com, and you can find those here.

And in a truly unrelated post,
is anyone else addicted to Food Network Star? The new season just started and my dvr recorded it (probably because we obsessed over this show last year). Anyway, it's gonna be good again...I can tell ;) If you watch it, what'd you think about the unfunny comic chef? LOL...those of you who don't watch it are going to want to see a recap!

4 comments:

RefreshMom said...

Yay, a fellow fan! I thought the only funny thing about the comedienne cook was how completely unfunny she was! She used the word "dark" to describe herself a couple times; I don't think "dark" lends itself well to cooking shows. Unfortunately, I fell asleep during the judges table (I was catching the 1 am rerun) so I don't know what happened. Shhh--don't tell me; I'm hoping I'll find the episode another time this week.

My only complaint is that all these shows (Next Food Network Star, Design Star, Top Chef...) are all on in the same season. I wish they'd spread them out so I could feed my addiction throughout the year instead of gorging myself in the summer!

Jana said...

We actually don't get Food Network. Probably a good thing - my budding 8 yr old chef would watch it all day.

Currently the only shows I'm watching are So You Think You Can Dance, Hell's Kitchen, and Robin Hood (that's on BBC America - love it). I guess I'm on a sort of TV diet, LOL!

Brittanie said...

I missed it because I thought it was this coming weekend. I hope they replay it too. I have not even seen descriptions of the chefs yet. I hope it turns out good. I am not really watching TV right now. A new show called In Plain Sight just started so I am going to watch for a couple espisodes and see if I like it. Army wives is starting back on June 8. Monk does not start back until July 18. And I am not sure when the Closer starts back. :)

PattyVC said...

"Thou dost protest too much" kept coming to mind as we asked ourselves, "Has she done anything funny yet, or has she just kept saying that she was a 'comedienne?'" Turned out it was the latter. She'd probably write a good commercial; unfortunately this show kept her on long enough for her to show her true blacks and browns. Looking forward to coming episodes -- and enjoying your blog.

Patty Coats.....oh how the internet makes worlds collide....