Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Inspiring week

Here's a pic of my son and the missions team he's with in Central America. These kids are out building houses, sharing the gospel, and playing sports and games with children who live in an orphanage. You know, doing the kinds of things that really matter.

I'm especially inspired
because of the memorial service I just attended for my friend, Andrea. Andrea was 47 years young, a loving wife, the devoted mother of two, and a good friend to so many. It's been a heavy week, thinking of her long battle with cancer and ultimate passing. And yet, her memorial was such an inspiration to me, and to many, I'm sure. Andrea had much in her short life: family, nice home, fancy car. But it's her zeal for life, and faith in God that I'll remember the most. You know, the kinds of things that really matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss

Ronel said...

My thoughts and prayers and with you and her family.

Blessings,
Ronel