Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Deja who?

Sat around last night watching Samantha Who?, a series about a gal with amnesia, and felt like I'd fallen into a world of deja vu myself. Teen Daughter and I giggled nearly every time a new character walked into a scene because we knew them so well from other shows, like Gilmore Girls, Related (two characters from that one!), 7th Heaven, Designing Women (okay, TG's too young to remember that one, but still). The heroine of the show (that would be Samantha) grew up on a show I wasn't allowed to watch ;0, so we won't mention it here...

So anyway, I'm wondering if my pal Gilmore Girls Fanatic also feels a bit melancholy when seeing one of our beloved GG cast members in a new role...sigh. (Yeah, obsession runs deep.) First there's our Sookie playing a ditz on the aforementioned show, then afterward another show popped on and there was Kirk with a very odd haircut, and of course, our Lorelai playing Noah's wife...

Me thinks it's time to crack open a new book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually haven't watched most of those shows on principle. I tuned into Samantha Who? because everyone was raving about Sookie. I insisted that sSokie doesn't have brown hair. Then people told me she acts just like Sookie. That may be true, but she's not in Stars Hollow & that just isn't right. Luckily Season 7 of GG just came out so that's all the TV I need for now.

Anne Dayton said...

Julie, it's really weird to see a character (or, um, actor, I guess) you love play a new role. And Gilmore Girls have had a bunch! When I saw Dave (Adam Brody) on the OC, I was like,wait, what are you doing here?! And Dean and Jess have been on their own shows, but I still call them Dean and Jess. They probably have real names too, but I don't really care to know them. I asked for season 7 of he Gilmore Girls for Christmas... I can't wait!

Julie Carobini said...

That's it...I finally know what to put on my list that isn't, uh, Real Estate (see 11/28 post) :))

And about the GG obsession? We'll get through this, girls. Together, we will.

Chaos-Jamie said...

I can't believe you aren't watching Heroes. I guess we can't all be freakishly obsessed about the Shanti virus.