Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Chocolate Series

So last summer I put out the call for good chick flicks that Teen Daughter and I could watch together (that's an all-time fave of mine over there on the left). Your responses coupled with the ones I received through a forum over at the ACFW supplied us with a list long enough to cause Teen Son and Hubby to run screaming out of the living room on several occasions. Even when the movies were duds, that in itself made them worth it ;')

We've gotten restless again, TD and I, and we're back to spending weekends mocking watching films again. Like the other night when we watched a perplexing and occasionally witty movie called Elizabethtown. I'm still not sure what that was all about, but we plowed our way through two plates of nachos in a quest to find out.

So anyway, last night we watched Hidden Places, a film based on the Christy award winning novel by Lynn Austin. And it's a Hallmark too. Sweet, charming, predictable, but it was a school night so we weren't looking for anything too taxing. I especially liked seeing Shirley Jones wearing a depression-era wig and spectacles, although I occasionally caught myself humming, "C'mon get happy!"

Which brings me to a new thought. Stay with me here. How about Chocolate Beach & Truffles by the Sea made into chick flicks. Better yet a mini-chick-flick-series. (And whatever happened to the mini series anyway?)

Seriously, can't you see it? It could be during February, a sort of week long Valentine's Day celebration. Just think. Girls and mamas everywhere bonding over chocolate-laced chick flicks, with faith in the mix. What's not to love?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! I'd be glued to the tv!!

Kathryn Cushman said...

Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for it! Who do we call...Fox Faith? =) So which film/TV stars would you pick for Bri, Douglas and Gaby?