Saturday, July 29, 2006


I wrote a book about my favorite things: the beach and chocolate. Yeah, it's called Chocolate Beach and will be out next year. But life's not always a day at the beach, so to speak. Like the other day, when I'm moseying along, minding my very own biz, and I'm accosted by another beach lover.

Yep, my daughters and I are biking along a narrow, windy path together when I'm attacked. By a seagull. STOP laughing! It's not that funny. Actually, the seagull almost got me. It came at me from the right, I screamed, and it flapped two massive wings backward while I swerved to avoid it, wrenching my shoulder in the process. I spent the rest of the day on Advil and ice, but other than that, it was a nice day at the beach...

If you get a chance, head on over and say 'hey' to the other chicks blogging about their fave things today. Hopefully, none will involve a scene from a Hitchcock movie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying not to laugh. =)

Robin said...

If you could only upload a video clip of this, it would a mean a gazillion hits on youtube. Those birds are MANIACS! Reminds me of the time we were in the ocean and came back to our spot on the beach only to find a flock of gulls pillaging through our beach bag and gorging on chips (we learned how to work the zipper after that).

CyberCelt said...

What a combo: two of my favorite things. The bird thing was weird, but someone had probably been feeding it and it was just looking for food.

Here from BCs.

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely terrifed FOR you- since I'd be a complete mess after that happened to me. but it DOES make for good storytelling!

Unknown said...

That book cover is great!

Pamela said...

Anything chocolate. Can we eat it after we read it?

Speaking of birds....... The Buttercup and I were looking at a bird (out camping this weekend) and it managed to poop on both of us.
She didn't want to wash it off -- to go show mom.

Chaos-Jamie said...

I was attacked by a wasp yesterday. Stings, flapping wings and poop...what's worse?

I have developed a rather nasty phobia all of a sudden though.