Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dream Weavin'


From my perch this morning on a dew-covered bench I watched the tide gliding onto shore. Only 8 am, yet gobs of beachcombers meandered along the sand, as if the call of warm sun and gentle waves proved just too perfect to pass up. Dog lovers pitched tennis balls to zealous pups, while a few die-hard surfers prayed for surf while bobbing on the relatively flat sea.

As for me, I longed to walk off the extra lattes (with whip!) I'd consumed during the week, but couldn't pry myself away from the view. So I sat, my track pants soaking up the dew, and giggled at the early morning frivolity (and yes, for a night owl like me, 8 am is defined as "early morning").

These are the days I dream of, when the weather bites, and the children fight, and the deadlines loom. So I chose to linger awhile longer, to take a snapshot of the moment--not with my cell camera, which thankfully was tucked safely at home--but with my mind. Hopefully I'll find that image there the next time I find myself just too busy to dream.

6 comments:

Karmyn R said...

perfectness - to sit and realax and enjoy the view.

Gina said...

I read this post yesterday and had to have my hubby read it too. Thank you for sharing your gift with words with us. I felt like I was at the beach myself...and yet, here I was in a hot, dry Texas town far, far from a beach.

Lori said...

This sounds like a wonderful morning. Your picture of the lake make me long to be their. I'm looking forward to reading you book.

Malissa said...

sounds like a perfect dream:)

Visiting from the BC Carnival

Robin said...

The title of your book is (are?) two of my FAVORITE things! Which, for me, spells "m u s t r e a d".

Tired here, it's bedtime for me on the east coast, but I think I'd better come back and read a bit more :) Blogging Chicks got me here, you'll get me back ;)

Robin said...

Hey Jules...thanks for visiting me and actually posting ;). I agree with why blogging is good for chatty girls :).

Soooo, a few more questions... don't suppose you'd give an advance pre-view (some kind of working manuscript) from someone who'd tell you what she REALLY thought (yikes!)...and, do you mind if I use your cover pic on my blog?...of course, if I do, it'd be attached to where I got it and what it means, giving you some extra exposure.