Thursday, August 26, 2010

Charlie and me

That's Charlie the Dog in the photo. I was on deadline awhile back, ignoring him, so he decided to slip into something more comfortable ... and wait until I noticed.

Instead of a writing deadline, I'm on an editing one at the moment. But it all looks the same to Charlie, i.e., I AM IGNORING HIM. He gallops into the office and slaps his paws on the floor next to me, looking for a playmate. I want to say, Hey, I just sent one off to college! I want to be free! He doesn't care.

I get asked all the time what kind of doggy he is. We adopted Charlie from a shelter, so the best guess we have is some kind of beagle mix. I modeled Moondoggy from A Shore Thing after him. The pooch on the cover has a longer snout, but don't they kind of look alike? One thing is certain, they both have minds of their own and will do whatever it takes to get some attention. Lol...

4 comments:

Julie said...

He's a sweetheart! Abby has started standing next to me and then barks at me. I love her personality!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Haha @ slipping into something more comfortable! He's a cute little fella!

Diane said...

Adorable and playful. Cutie! :O)

Julie Carobini said...

Haha, Julie. I love it when they 'talk'.