Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......


I just read the headline about the South Carolina governor who took off for four days, not letting anyone know where he went. (This isn't a political statement, because in fact, I don't know which party he represents.) So anyway, the headline caught my eye because sometimes I feel like taking off. Not from my family, but from the world.

Know what I mean?

It's summer and I'm feeling lazy (despite all the stuff that needs to happen in the next few weeks). The weather's warm and every day's become casual Friday. Funny--had my parents over for Father's Day dinner and at the end of the evening my dad said, "You haven't worn shoes all night!"

I looked down at my naked toes and realized he was right.

Last month, I remember thinking 'I can hardly wait until my June 1 deadline passes so I can get going on other responsibilities!' Now all I can think is 'Is it time for another latte yet?'

Even if you have a 'normal' 9 to 5 job, I'd bet there's a different feel in the office during the summer. People are taking vacations, lunchtimes are stretching, casual Fridays have become beach wear days, Lol...

Ah well, talk to me. Reach through the screen and give me a Cher-esqe slap and say, "Snap out of it!" Or better yet, tell me that you too have slipped into a very summery malaise. I'm waiting...

3 comments:

Ronel said...

I am slipping away... trying to enjoy my last few days of recovery from surgery before I head back to work.. maybe I should log off and take a sabbatical from the internet and just be lazy... what a great idea!!

Sharon Leaf said...

Although I have lots of fancy sandals, I choose to wear my flip-flops because they make me feel so beachy--please, don't confuse that word! The dust bunnies shall continue to gather as I dance barefoot across my hardwood floors to the music of Taylor Swift & Mama Mia! So there! Enjoy your summer--isn't that why God created them?

Chaos-Jamie said...

I didn't know shoes were required with family! Shoes are nearly optional all summer in my house. (must cave to the pressure for the grocery store and church, ya know)