Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sweet Waters in Library Journal

Learned recently that Sweet Waters was reviewed in Library Journal...and that they said my book will "appeal to readers who like Melody Carlson or Kristin Billerbeck."

Wa-hoo! I love both women and their writings! What an honor (thanks, I needed that :)

Reviews are tricky business for writers who've just spilt blood onto the page, so in honor of good reviews whenever possible (hee!), I give you this scientific (not) quiz. Let me know how you fare. Quiz on:



You Are Medium-Skinned



You can be sensitive at times, but that's totally normal.

Your sensitivity means you can be empathetic and compassionate, even if you're a bit thin-skinned.

You take what people think into account but you try not to let it get to you.

It's hard not to take things personally, but you do your best.

4 comments:

Cami Checketts said...

I like to think I've become thick-skinned over the years as a writer, but my honey can still offend me in .2 seconds if he hints that something is "off" with my new story idea.

Sue said...

I love Kristin's and Melody's writing too - I really need to seek out your books up here in Canada. I'm off to search online now!

Oooh and unfortunately, I tend to live on the side of the thin-skinned street but not nearly as thin-skinned as in previous years. Gotta toughen up I think!

Judy Gann said...

Congrats on the positive Library Journal review, Julie! This will help get Sweet Waters into public libraries.

I'm "Medium-Skinned." I've always heard writers need "rhino-skin." Gues I need to toughen up a bit. :-)

Judy Gann said...

Oops, guess I need to work on my spelling, too. LOL That's "guess" not "gues".