Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just so you know...

Had no idea the SC governor had been cheating on his wife. Silly me--thought the man just needed a vacation. Who couldn't relate to that? Anyway, I have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy re: people who cheat on their spouses. My former husband did that, as did a former pastor (hence 'former' to both). Not to mention the allegations against Jon & Kate, and a truckload of politicians...

Sorry, but I'm a bit fired up. Guess this means the malaise is gone, huh?

Despite the trend toward breaking promises, though, I'm still a pollyanna at heart. I believe that good can come out of bad. Shoot, I've seen it in my own life...that's what God does, he works all things together for those who love and serve him. Here's hoping the good people of SC can put this sordid mess behind them soon.

Posted this soothing picture so we could all take a peek at it and say, "Ahhh." Have a beachy day, my friends--wherever you are :)

6 comments:

Brittanie said...

I have never been married but I know others who have and are dealing with cheating etc. I have zero tolerance for it also. I have never been in a serious relationship before partly because of trust issues I have. I may never get married at this rate or have a boyfriend. :)

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Brittanie, I know what you mean, but I have to say that my husband, Dan, cured me of that. He's an amazing guy and it's no doubt God put us together. I can honestly say that despite all the weirdness out there, I trust the man! So never say never, girlfriend -- our God is full of surprises ;)

Sarah Wylie said...

Amen, Julie! I haven't been married so at the moment, I'm channeling all my rage on the issue toward Jon of J&K.
It's just so uncool.

PS: I am glad you found a good guy. It gives me hope:)

Sharon Leaf said...

As I posted on your FB today, my first husband of 16 years cheated on me, but God has given me a wonderful man--we celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow! Trust in the Lord with all your heart & He will direct your path--even to the right man, at the right time! Yipeee! Life is good.

Sue said...

I too have zero tolerance on cheating, especially having seen the fallout in my nephew's life after his mom cheated on my brother for a few years.

What irks me SO much is all these professing Christians being the ones cheating. What Bible are they reading? I sure don't want to be reading that one!

I'm sorry about the situations you had to endure Julie but I'm glad to know that God has redeemed the years the locusts (or ex-husbands/pastors) ate away!

I fortunately haven't had to deal with cheating in my marriage, although I did experience it in my dating life long before my Prince Charming came along.

Thanks for the beach escape, if only in a photo - I'll take it!

Julie Carobini said...

Yes, Sarah, always have hope! And Sharon, I'm sooo glad to hear it. We're just behind you at 19 years :)) Happy Anniversary!!!

And Sue! So glad you found your Prince -- enjoy the beach ;)