Monday, May 18, 2009

A weekend to celebrate

Crazy weekend with a business dinner in Pismo Beach on Friday night, followed by a family gathering just south of there the next day. This is the view from our hotel's restaurant. Very ahhh! I have to admit that I found it difficult to tear myself away from the writing deadline that's been driving me lately. But oh! I highly recommend breaks, my friends! Even a short one was good for the soul.

On Saturday, we celebrated the 90th birthday of my Uncle 'Hap' Navarro. You may recall that I wrote about attending Uncle Hap's induction into the California Boxing Hall of Fame. You can read that post HERE. This pic is of the three hermanos de Navarro (yeah, my Spanish es no good ;): My uncles Mike and Hap Navarro and my pops, Dan Navarro. They are all precious! GREAT turnout with lots of hugs, some tears, and a whole lotta picture taking ;)

I'll be writing like the wind, I tell you, for most of the week. My Otter Bay Novels (The first is Sweet Waters, 8/09) are set along the central coast and just being there for a short while this weekend made me want to return. So watch for the occasional 'ahh' moment when I upload the rest of the beachy photos. The weather was perfection!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

My grandfather was also a boxing promoter in the 40's and 50's "Babe McCoy." A google search names them together on the first entry http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/cbzforum/showthread.php?p=119846

And my husband is also a lawyer....

Small world, huh????

Patty (your blog fan)

Julie Carobini said...

SOOO cool, Patty! I just sent that link to my unc. Very small world ;))