Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garden chatter

My cool friend Sherrill invited me to coffee in her garden this a.m. Sherrill is one of the gals who reads my books before sending them off to my editor at B&H. Let me just say that I could sleep in this garden...a lilting fountain, soft wind chimes, fragrant blossoms, oh my, as comfortable as all get out. She's tilled this soil for about ten years and it shows. Wow. I was there to discuss my next book with here, but really felt more like taking a nap!

Anyway, such a great way to start the weekend. I'm allowing my mind to take a couple of days break from the writing/editing (at least I'm trying to), and in addition to visiting with Sherrill and doing a bit of shopping, I walked the beach with Dan and hung a new flag on the front porch.

What're you up to this weekend? Any Memorial Day events? I'd love to hear. Until then, have a beachy weekend, my friends--wherever you are!

4 comments:

Sue said...

What a gorgeous garden - don't blame you for wanting to just lay out and have a snooze - lol

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend. Up here in Canada we had ours last weekend so it's business as usual up here ;-)

Sharon Leaf said...

The peaceful garden reminds me of the one I left in Huntington Beach, CA when I moved to South Carolina 3 years ago.

Unknown said...

hi Julie..
out visiting..
just popped in for a visit..
beautiful garden
mona & the girls

Terra said...

Oh, I would enjoy spending an hour in this pretty garden, sipping tea and listening to birds.