Sunday, January 06, 2013

Going Downton ...

I've been hearing about the British series Downton Abbey for two years, so finally, during the holidays, I caught up on what I'd been missing. (Especially appropriate considering my youngest daughter's obsession with England and the trip we hope to take.) My mother owns both seasons 1 & 2 and not only did I watch them through, but hubby joined me. Kind of like our own Masterpiece Classic marathon. That's love, people =).

While sitting here writing this (and watching Downton Abbey Revisited, natch) I asked Dan which character he most identifies with, and after much tumbling over in his thoughts, he said, "Matthew. Because he's so galant." Sigh. Yes, I can see that ...

How about you? Any character you most identify with? Sometimes all the work around here makes me feel a kinship with the lowly Daisy! But in my mind, I'm also wearing fabulous clothing and making all kinds of stupid decisions, like Mary. Ha.

Ah, well. It's time for more of those delicious British accents and clever dialog, the romantic confusion and rich scenery. Signing off now, as Season 3 is about to begin ...

No comments: