Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Such a character ...

So the other day my husband and I are talking about my day job and he says, "They do know, don't they?"

I just laughed.

See, my husband has this notion that I somehow get my characters from people I know. Pish-posh. Everyone knows I like to make up stories, scenarios ... people.

Then again, I have regaled him a time or two lately with stories from the office, funny bits of dialogue, and offbeat observances. And the other day I met a famous person at work (I'd tell you who, but then I'd have to kill you ...), and his agent asked me if I was writing a story about the peeps in my company.

Without so much as a second breath, I told her, "It's ALL fodder."

At my boss' widening eyes, I quickly added, "But only heroes here."

Haha ... good save (right?)

Ah, well. The truth is, I do tend to write what I know, which is why hubby is a bit, uh, sensitive =).

Speaking of fodder, the photo in this post is a real snapshot of a conversation (if you can call it that) between my son and me via iPhone. Now I ask you ... with characters like this in my life, why would I need to look any further than my own four walls?

No comments: