Saturday, February 04, 2012

On friends and good times ...

Missing friends today. I've been so busy with work and home life, that I've not had a whole lotta extra time for friends. Drat!

One friend and I did get together briefly a couple of weeks ago. I was on my way home from work and she was driving the volleyball carpool into my hometown. We caught up over sliders and nachos and I learned that she too just took a second job. (We both have college-aged kids, oy vey!)

Another friend moved to grey-poupon Montecito and I miss her terribly! She's the one who introduced me to the restaurant in the photo ... must. call. her. this. weekend!

And there are a couple of longtime pals, close ones, who happen to be in the book biz too. These gals and I used to lunch it regularly (separately, as they don't know each other). Must do again soon! But when???

Ah, well. I found the photo on my phone and it spurred this blog post. Funny how one little photo can warm the heart with thoughts of friends and good times. Gonna try, hard, to let them all know that I care. It's the thought that counts. Right?

Here's to our beachy friends ~ wherever they may be ...

1 comment:

Sue said...

Have to say Julie... I miss your regular blog posts now that you're back at work. Glad you were able to catch up with your girlfriend. SO important, our girls are to us!!

Hugs