Friday, February 17, 2012

Sittin' on the dock of the bay ...

I missed my old website background, so my web designer, Kelli, restored it! She left some of the other color changes, but something about those rustic pilings in the background just feeds my nautical soul.

Did you even notice it was gone?

Another change to the site is that I closed the beach shop. Sigh. Sad, but true. But that's okay. T'was fun while it lasted ~ and I have some stock to unload on eBay ~ but this year's all about intentional living. With a job in broadcasting, a busy novel editing business, volunteer work with the Christian Authors Network, AND some writing of my own to do, the shop had become a drain. So, it's gone. Fini!

Have you ever done that? Just packed it all in and called it a day? Now that I've done it, it feels good. Now I'll have some time for ... the beach! :-)

Have a beachy three-day weekend, my friends ~ wherever you are!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Enjoy your long weekend Julie! I like the "nautical" looking background. It does look like you're at the Pier ;-)

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks, Sue! The Ventura pier is close to my home, so the background makes me think of that. Heading to LA today for a bit, then Santa Barbara tomorrow with a friend. Busy but fun weekend ahead. Monday will be a toes-in-the-sand kind of day, I think. What are you doing?

Sue said...

I'm a little slow on the punch here replying Julie. Sounds amazing where you live. The ocean is my favorite place in the world! For me though, I need to pay big bucks to see it which is what I'm up to soon. I'm packing for a two week cruise with my Hubby to the Southern Caribbean. Can't wait!!

Off to respond to your Oscar post now ;-) xo

Dionna said...

I HAVE packed it in! I stepped down from my Emphasis On Moms website and newsletter this October after 14 years! It was time. There is a time and a season for everything....

Julie Carobini said...

Oh, I hear you, Dionna. May God bless you with time to rejuvenate and new things!