Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why wait?

Had breakfast with a friend this morning, and then hit the beach for a quick breath of ocean air. I've been waiting a lot lately, and so has my friend. Come to think of it, so have many others among my family and friends. Waiting's no fun, but it's life. My friend's waiting for her house to sell, my daughter's waiting for her SAT results, I'm waiting to learn how my efforts will pay off, and someone, somewhere is waiting for medical test results (I've been there a lot too).

That's why I sat at the beach for a few minutes this morning. I've got work piled up on my desk, but I wasn't ready to face it all. The respite helped clear my head and provided a way to gain a new perspective on waiting. About the wait she's facing, my friend said, "God's a big God," and that reminded me of a Proverb I read this morning: "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

I'm choosing to take refuge in him today. Join me?

No comments: