Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Pool party!

I'm on my way out the door to a pool party for the middle school group I lead with my pal, Missy. Since September, we've met twice a month with a group of 7th grade girlies, usually at my home, but the past couple of weeks we've switched things up a bit. Tonight for their summer send-off, we'll be swimming at my folks' house on the warmer side of town :)

The photo was sent to me by reader, Emma Casey Griffiths (center). She and a couple of friends started a book club recently, and their inaugural read was -- get this -- my 2007 novel, Chocolate Beach. What a kick! Emily's note and the photo is such an honor!

Don't they look like they're having fun?

I guess that's why this photo fit so well with my post. I'm thinking about all the chats about God, life, and boys that Missy and I have had with our sweet middle school girls this year. I'm thinking about the sober discussions, the questions, and the laughter into the night. Most of all, I'm thinking about friendships, and how we help each other survive the sighs and groanings of this crazy world.

I'm dashing off to cook up hot dogs and pour lemonade. Here's to the start of summer fun, and most of all, to friendships!

No comments: