Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Trial by Fire by Cara Putman

I met Cara Putman in person a couple of years back when I needed a room for the night at the ACFW conference in Dallas (hotel was sold out), and she invited me to stay with her. She didn't even know if I snored ;-) Since then, we've tried to read each other's books whenever possible, and I say it that way because Cara writes fast. Super fast ~ and I can barely keep up!

I've started her newest release, Trial by Fire (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense), and it's good! In addition to being a gifted writer, Cara Putman is, in her own words, "an attorney, wife, mom, women's ministry leader, and all around crazy woman. Crazy about God, my husband, and my kids, that is." She's also the membership officer of ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers)~and here's something else I just learned: Cara recently published The Idiots Guide to Business Law. Oy! And I thought I was busy ;)

For my beachy friends
who enjoy fast-paced suspense, here's a bit about Trial by Fire:

Can a deputy prosecuting attorney and a firefighter determine who’s starting fires that target her family while exploring a relationship together? Find out as Tricia Jamison and Noah Brust try to stop more fires before they turn deadly.

Review excerpts:
...a quick-paced read. Sequel to Deadly Exposure. Fires. Lawsuits. Family secrets. Tricia wonders whether she'll ever move forward regarding events from the past. She questions if God saw her in her pain. I think we can all identify with questioning how He could allow ____ to happen. Find out how God meets Tricia in her fears.... ~ J. Klein, Milwaukee, WI

...Would she ever find protection from the trials of the past? Would she ever find and trust a man to protect her in the future? Noah was helpless in protecting his dad or Jessie. Would he be able to protect Tricia from the fire that was sure to come her way? I guess you'll just have to get this two thumbs up book and see for yourself what exactly is in store for Tricia and Noah. It's newly released and you won't be disappointed if you like a bit of suspense. ~ Abi, Grand Forks, ND

You can learn more about Cara on her website. You can reach her blog that way, and I know she'd love to hear from you :)

Have a beachy Wednesday, my friends ~ wherever you are!

2 comments:

Ronel said...

Wow, I thought I was busy!!

Cara Putman said...

LOL Julie, you were such a Godsend to me that year. It was pretty scary, but God knew you would be the perfect roomie. And you still call me friend :-)