Monday, October 05, 2009

Partying with my muse

Had a rockin' party here on Saturday night with 40+ teens eating everything in sight, Lol. Seriously, my son has very cool friends. We are blessed. When I told one of the grandmas on the soccer field that we were throwing an 18th b'day party for Matt (that's him on the floor), she warned me to watch out! I told her not to worry ~ there wouldn't be any alcohol. And then she just wagged her head and said, "Oh, they bring their own."

Thankfully, we didn't have to worry about any of that. We set up a firepit on the patio of our beach cottage, opened up the garage (it's a nice one with big ol' couches in it), and flung open our house doors. Some of the kids sat around the pit with guitars and sang worship music. Other's jammed by the piano. And still others held wheelchair vs. skateboard races in the street (Yeah, our neighbors love us...;0 )

But one of the highlights of the night was the presence of Cheryl Draughon. Not only was she Matt's K, 1st & 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. D taught all three of my kids at one time or another ~ and lived to tell about it, ha. Not only that, she taught a bunch of kids who showed up at the party, and they all LOVE her ~ that's her surrounded by them. (One of them actually apologized for any trouble he gave her way back when, Lol)

If you've read Sweet Waters go grab your copy and flip to page 91 where you'll see Cheryl's cameo. She begged asked me to put her in the story, and how could I refuse someone so beloved???

Ahhh...fun, fun, FUN! Off to work, my friends, so have a beachy day ~ wherever you are!

2 comments:

Edna said...

oh my goodness I can't take a couple of teenagers anymore, their music is so loud it is good that you can support them, I raised 4 and have 9 grandchildren but only one teenager now out of all of them, still have 4 that are under 10.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Kathryn Cushman said...

Happy B'day Matt!