Sunday, September 21, 2008

Writing on Monday--Edits!

First off, congrats to all the 2008 ACFW Genesis (unpublished manuscripts) and BOTY (published novels) winners! Great list of writers and books--wish I could have been there to see the awards handed out! I had the opportunity to be a judge this year for the Genesis contest, and I'm thrilled to see one of my favorite reads make the winner's list! Oh, and Katie Cushman, who's visited this blog many times, won 3rd place (Women's Fiction) for her debut novel, A Promise to Remember. Excellent job, my friend!

If you're a writer interested in knowing more about ACFW, click here.

On to Writing on Monday
...These are the best of times, these are the worst of times. Lol...I'm told that sometime this week I'll receive the edits for my next book. Some writers abhor this part of the process, while others get simply giddy over it (hello, Colleen Coble :)) My own feelings are mixed. I love the results that edit notes--revisions suggested by an editor on a project--bring to the completed book. Oh, but the work of it all! Sometimes going back in means slaying your little darlings, and that can be tough. Of course, maybe I'll just hear..."Perfect! It's a wrap!" Ha...dreaming is good.

Anyway, as you've probably heard before, writing is really more of a RE-writing process. When you read a book that's smooth as buttah, you better believe that plenty of globs of fat were removed along the way.

***

This has nothing to do with anything, except that it made me laugh. Check out the name of this Idahoan hog caller ;)

No comments: