Monday, September 29, 2008

Writing on Monday--coffee, chocolate, and oh yeah, some work too

Happy Monday, my friends. Well, never did get over to see Fireproof this weekend. With a funeral, three b'days to celebrate, and a school picnic, it just didn't happen. Thanks Lynn for letting me know what you thought...anyone else? Hopefully it'll be in theaters a bit longer...

And did you all read the news? Cadbury had to pull their melamine-laced chocolates from shelves. What's the world coming to when you can't eat chocolate without risking poisoning??? Several years ago my mother pointed out that some dried fruit I'd bought at Target was actually made in China--I'd no idea. When I read last week about the tragedy of melamine used in Chinese dairy farms (those poor families), I'd wondered if anything sent to the US was affected. Apparently, so.

As you know, I'm all about chocolate, but better be safe and check your supplies, ladies and gents. Life's too short to eat bad chocolate, you know?

Had a latte at home this morning, then met my pal Deb for coffee at Starbucks. I'm all wired up! So for this Writing on Monday, I'll be prepping for my next book, and doing some marketing to libraries (thanks to author Judy Gann for the ideas!)

Have a beachy day!

4 comments:

Ronel said...

We flip a coin to pick the movie and much to my dismay Righteous Kill won... So my hubby is taking me to see Fireproof this weekend...

Dionna said...

I saw Fireproof on Saturday with my hubby. It has a slow start but then it gets good and I cried. :)

Betsy said...

I have yet to see that movie, but hope to make it soon. It looks amazing.

As for the chocolate from China, I was horrified to see that my organic frozen broccoli was from China. How do we know that it is really organic - who is checking.

Betsy

Anonymous said...

Chocolate?! Oh my, can't mess with my chocolate!

Dionna: Yeah, it did start out a bit slow and the acting was not oscar worthy, but the message sure was amazing, wasn't it? Pure, intense, and rewarding all at the same time.

Both the guys and the gals were dabbing the eyes, that's for sure. I'm so thankful for the boldness of the movie! It was inspiring.