Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Singin' the blues

So yesterday I had a Lorelai and Sookie moment when Elementary Girl and I were seated in the very last row of the ginormous local civic arts theater. Tissues for nosebleeds anyone? Remember that sort of 80s flashback episode where the Gilmore Girls bopped on over to NY city to see the Bangles? Lorelai and Sookie gave up their seats to Rory and friends, and had to settle for the top section. They snorted and laughed through the whole from-a-distance show, much to the chagrin of the other paying customers stuck around them. Ho hum, funny stuff.

Anyway, we were on a fieldtrip and I just kept questioning the wisdom of seating hundreds of 3rd graders in a steep balcony, but hey, I wasn't in charge (Their bad :). Thankfully the performance topped the seating arrangements.

Speaking of performances, anyone else disappointed in this year's Idol offerings? Just seems that thousands of auditioners should have produced some stronger vocals. But who knows? Maybe the boys'll get some training over the next few weeks and surprise us. Trust me when I say that I will be surprised if a guy wins this year.

Enough of this frivolity. I'm off to write another 2k words, and brainstorm a title...(and scrounge around for my stash of truffles -]] )

No comments: