Monday, November 15, 2010

Holiday reading

After a crazy bo-bazy week complete with a handful of doctor's appointments and a couple of parent-teacher conferences, not to mention proposal writing and, you know, life, I settled in this weekend for some couch time and a collection of Christmas novellas. I'm beginning to feel Christmas-y already! (Although I've yet to buy next week's turkey, but it's on the list).

My friends Cynthia Ruchti and Rachael Phillips wrote two of the four novellas (and I've been introduced to the other two writers Eileen Key and Becky Melba via FB). Each story stands on its own, but they're tied together by a Christmas cactus given to each heroine by local Door County innkeeper and matchmaker, Lola Peterson. Lola guarantees that the plant ~ and romance ~ will bloom by Christmas. I've read two of the stories ... and so far the plant's been a bloomin' :) Read more about Door County Christmas here.

All week I'll be highlighting books by pals that would make great gifts, such as this novella. Tomorrow, please stop by for a look at a terrific new book for girls ages 8-12. Fun!

And if you pick up any of my titles for gifts, I'd be happy to send you a signed bookplate personalized for your recipient. Just drop me a note via my website contact page.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I really never realized how many Christmas books are out there until I saw a bunch of them being featured. Great! :O)